- on May 30th & 31st during the One Million Run race, I will be running for little Elio and CVDA association and collect 1CHF by kilometer from several people! More infos here on my website.
(Ongoing): member of the editorial committee of local newspaper VichFAIT. Often writing articles but more specifically in charge of articles compilation, minor corrections and proofreading, layout edition and final submission for print out.
CRM deployment: implementation and configuration of AgileCRM for 3Pack Consulting, a partner company I worked a lot with and which brought me multiple digital consulting missions these past years. In summary: overall consulting and analysis, filtering & cleaning of customer database, setup CRM accounts/profiles, uploading data, testing, basic workflow automation, etc.
Since I’m always curious and it was a “calmer” project being rolled out with few users and constraints, I took the opportunity to try using a new tool named Glo Boards for this project’s governance. Part of GitKraken, a GUI client for Git, Glo Boards is an additional feature allowing a simple and intuitive Trello-like task tracking. It supports Markdown, allows inviting other users and assign tasks, you can filter your tasks among different cards and tags, and their UI is really cool #unpaidpromotion
- (Ongoing): Member of the association “Vich en Fête”, the festivities committee of the small town I live in: organisation of the annual party (budget, booking, animators, food & beverages, etc) and local events
- (Ongoing): As a blockchain & cryptocurrency enthusiast and curious person, I’m involved in a regional group with dozens of other crypto traders or tech enthusiasts, where we have our own chats and organize monthly meetups in Lausanne, Geneva or Fribourg. I also published a tutorial for mining a currency called Nimiq on Google Cloud Platform.
- Google My Business, Google StreetView 360° & POI photo shooting, content creation, online presence and SEO basics trainings for small local companies
- Also basic IT support such as email server configuration, network (fax/printer) and computer setting for SME
- Promoting local places in my own small town, such as this on Streetview, the inauguration of a new roundabout and a new wooden bridge, which have all cumulated thousands of views.
- Points-Coeur, a UN recognized NGO, Charity Gala at Mandarin Hotel in Geneva, CH: shooting, editing & publishing of a video of the event + photo shooting. Project with Helene Maria Photographe and her teammates, and Luca Formicola, videographer.
- Startup Challenge Aideas by AIESEC: a very fun Streetview shooting with some hidden easter eggs! I also attended the event as a participant and made my first live TV interview ;)
- Musée d’Evolène, CH: Google Streetview publishing
- Restaurant Ô 20 Délices, Montreux, CH: GMB & Google Streetview publishing.
- Tastingwine, Montreux, CH: GMB & Google Streetview publishing
- Bistrot Fleury, Caen, FR: creating GMB, shooting (photo credit François Rous and uploading professional pictures, promoting customer reviews, advising and helping on marketing (e.g. sponsoring of local sports club or events, PR with municipality for presence in local magazines, etc).
(Ongoing): revamping old computers for donation: giving old PC a new life by installing light Linux distributions and donate them to relatives or their children: it makes a cheap and perfect first computer for a kid and it is ideal for them to better understand underlying technology.
Then I learned that what most refugees need whey they land in “refugee camps” camp in Europe is communication material. Indeed, very often the supply in food is sufficiently covered by associations and donations (at least according to people I’ve spoken to), but they lack basic computer/mobile phones to communicate with their families. So I still want to collect more old PC/phones and keep on revamping them to then to donate to associations helping refugees or people in need.
–> Contact-me if you have private or corporate deprecated equipment to get rid of, or any idea or project.
Speaking of which, I want to thank NNE Pharmaplan for having given me multiple robust Dell laptops that I have later revamped, as well as an old patch bay and network switch, and also more recently, in 2019, SpinetiX for giving several lots of PC tower + screen also in perfect condition, that this time I donated to Geneva-based cooperative Itopie.ch which promotes the use of Open Source solutions and provides solutions, trainings, park maintenance, etc, to people, institutions and private companies as well.
Windows, Linux, digital & privacy awareness and overall ICT support
Feeling attracted to Open Source philosophy in the early 2000’s, I frequently helped buying/mounting/configuring many kinds of PC/hardwares/small networks for people, learning by doing while helping people and spreading best practises and awareness towards personal data and privacy matters. And it’s still a bit the case nowadays.
With a diplomatic approach I even succeeded in converting quite some people to Linux over the years, including my own parents, which is quite a challenge! 8)
I mostly know about Debian-based distributions, have very few experience with other distros and am overall just a low-level Linux padawan, continuously learning.
In the recent years, I also advised or worked on digital, ERP-CRM, imaging, SEO or general web and IT pro bono projects. This includes setting up domains, managing / sorting / cleaning data, testing or giving feedback on beta versions on relatives’ projects, creating online presence and basic SEO tools and publishing content for SMEs or people in my network.
Other occasional engagements or notable projects:
2015: European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education
accompanying a young swiss hearing-impaired teenager and his educational referrent from the Swiss Center for Specialized Education to represent Switzerland for a few days at European Hearing 2015, organized by the European Agency for Special Needs and Inclusive Education, at European Parliament in Luxembourg. The delegation was composed of 72 teenagers and their accompanying adults from all european countries. Multiple workshops and plenary sessions were held, bringing suggestions, ideas or experience feedback from their own local school, such as what measures can be taken to facilitate their education, how teachers can help them follow a traditional scholarity, or which equipments are or should be provided.
Watch “Young people’s impressions from the 2015 european Hearing”, on European Agency’s Youtube channel.
2011: European Rallycross
volunteer team assistant for Sveing Roger Andersen, a norwegian rallycross driver engaged in the European Rallycross Championship. Former national rally driver, Svein was competing in ERC. Together with a friend, I was in the team for the two championship stages in Hell, Norway, and Höljes, Sweden, the latter one being by far the most iconic event in the rallycross world, considered “the birthplace of rallycross” and a race every RX fan wants (and needs!) to attend at least once.
We mostly provided basic support and assistance to the team, logistics, setting up & dismantling the booth in the paddocks for races events, etc, while travelling with the team on races and private car tests and living in the team accomodated bus.
2009-2010: Music shows and local bands promotion
I have been a clumsy, flawed guitarist for years (and still am), although I do have fun, but my passion for music led me to be a member of Art’Shaker in Caen, France, an association promoting regional music bands and producing local live shows on stage or in local businesses. Role included programmation coordination, event planning, stage mounting, back and front stage coordination during concerts and overall support to artists.